Friday, September 3, 2021

To Vermont - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Vermont

 When I learned that one of my cousins was to be married in Vermont - at the church where Robert Frost was buried, no less, I had to find a way to go! Luckily, I'd formed a kindred relationship with her sister, and had spent part of the previous summer with her in Virginia, exploring the Chesapeake, Williamsburg, Jamestown, and so much more. Her family took me in and along for the ride!

There was so much adventure that summer - in Vermont we took in covered bridges, the Norman Rockwell museum where some of the children painted into his scenes of Americana were now tour guides. The Old First Church was as lovely as expected, and I paid homage to the poet. On the way back, we stayed in NYC - where I had my first taste of the big apple. We passed Shakespeare plays by the castle in Central park, saw Cleopatra's needle, climbed the Statue of Liberty, and rode to the top of the Empire State Building at sunset.


No comments: